I placed my first mail order duck order!!

Foghorn Leghorn

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 22, 2007
oklahoma
yippiechickie.gif
This is the first time I have ever ordered and I ordered 6 ducks from Ideal! I ordered 2 rouen pullets, 2 khaki campbell pullets, and 2 blue swiss pullets. Friday I get to take home the 6 pekin ducks the school is giving me and the 10 chicks! I can't wait!!
jumpy.gif

Edited because 2 of my jumpies at the end weren't jumping!! hee hee

Last edited:
I have 6 ducks right now, 5 being drakes, 2 rouens, a khaki campbell and a blue swiss. I did luck out last year and get a pair of the crested buffs. So the pullets I ordered will maybe balance things out a bit. Elvin says I can order 4 this month and 4 next, but I ordered 6 and may need to order some pekin pullets if my school ducks are drakes!! He's promised me a big duck pen. Right now they are with the chickens. I want to have separate breeding pens too. Right now I have 5 duck eggs in the bator. If they hatch they should be interesting mixes!! I'll be glad when this weather gets better and stays that way, so I can work on stuff and get over this cold and flu crud.

It's hard trying to balance out what I have!! I am trying to be strong and not run in Atwoods and go hog wild like last year!! Last year I was a maniac, I was bringing home chicks and hiding them and switching ones aready in the brooder, I was out of control!! It took Elvin 2 days to realize the ones in the brooder were new ones!! hee hee
I did get my egg turner today at Country Store. But with my gimpy hands I can't get the egg holders to hold, so that's a job for Elvin!!

Back
Top Bottom