I think my quail is going blind / HELP

arlia1625

In the Brooder
May 9, 2021
My quail was bullied very badly and was pecked around her eyes. It scabbed over and I thought it had healed. She was looking better and we got rid of the bulling other quail. But lately in the last week or two I have noticed that her eyes are watering and closed more often. And for a lot of the day she sits in the corner of the pen with her head down. I think her eyes may be infected or she is going or is already blind. I am not sure what to do . Please help.

Do you have a picture. If there is gunk or scab on the eye, rinse it with saline or eye wash from the local pharmacy or Walmart and wipe it off. Then apply either Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin triple antibiotic into the eye twice a day. You can also post on the quail forum above.

here is a photo i took yesterday

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 11.25.54 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 11.25.54 am.png
    564.2 KB · Views: 5
It is hard to see the eye, since it is all black. Hopefully, the eye is intact. Are the bumps from pecking or do you have mosquitoes out right now?

her feathers only lately grew back and they are all in clumps. I will be using the saline today and the drops hopefully it will help. thankyou

Back
Top Bottom