I tried a Papaya tonight...

I never much liked durian.
hmm.png
It's not bad, but I like jackfruit much more.

Papaya--I'm okay with them. They certainly don't taste bad, I just don't really like the flavor. It's too...papaya-y!
big_smile.png

I hate Papaya and Mangoes. I just cannot stand the taste of them.

I had pickled ham one time in elementary school during a Renaissance festival and gagged so much I had to be taken to the nurse. Even now just thinking about it makes me gag.

Zapote....yack gag (Mexican Pudding Fruit)

My dad thought he was going to make his first million growing and selling them. He planted at least 20 of these trees. I have one left and a bunch of stumps to finish digging out.

I'm not fond of beets, but I LOVE beet greens. Don't care for olives by themselves, but in certain casseroles and on pizza and even in a greek salad I like them. Olive oil is about the only oil I use.

Love persimmons--but they need to be ripe. Like the looks of pomegranates and their trees, but not the taste. And my tree is loaded this year.

When I was in Ecuador a few years back we had mango and papaya all the time. It was fantastic. Although it was picked only a few days before. The same for the shrimp and fish.

I hate shrimp here in the states because it tastes too fishy. They call it fresh but I have to laugh. One day in Ecuador we were out running a side scan sonar and had some locals running nets through our lease. Rather than run them off we bought about 6 pounds of live shrimp for $10.00 and went home and had fresh shrimp for lunch.

Fresh is always better. Darn I miss Ecuador again.

bleh, I do NOT like papaya...or durian. I lived in Thailand for three years, and that is about as fresh as you can get for papaya and durian...it smells like onions and custard, and the inside is like a firm custard consistancy, but it is musky, onion-y, and bleh! tastes just like it smells.

However, they use alot of green papaya. It is supposed to be pretty good. (Green papaya salad), but it's spicy, and I don't do spicy. I do however, like candied and canned papaya...

Quote:
Papaya tastes like Satan in fruit form! GAG!
My DH and I tried it when we were in Mexico and dubbed it "puke fruit". I wouldn't feed it to my chickens-I LIKE my chickens!
wink.png

I think you didn't get a 'good' papaya.
I have papaya trees on my land, so we get fresh papays everyday and they are so delicioius & sweet. There are different types of papays, some are tastier than others. I give my chickens papaya if we have too much and they love it;)

Back
Top Bottom