ID/Sex this duck?

Thank you.

In sincere and friendly answer to the question you pose, it's because they claimed it. No one gave LGBTQ folk the month of June, it's not an official month long holiday (in fact, they don't have a single day that is official) they just decided to spend it celebrating, bonding, and giving one another support in a world that all too often does not support them (and frequently beats them up, kills them, discriminates against them for no reason, and drives them to high rates of depression and suicide). No one is preventing any other group of people from doing the same, so long as they do it in a way that is kind and doesn't hurt anyone. If you would like to start a movement to rally the veteran community to spend a whole month honoring and celebrating one another please do so. I'm sure that it would be meaningful for a great many people. Or you can support that community even more by voting and working for better physical and mental health care for veterans, better financial compensation, and more widespread yearlong understanding of what they go through and rest easy knowing that there at least is a national holiday for them (again, something that the LGBTQ community doesn't have nor are they asking for). Part of the beauty of a free country is that anyone or any group can celebrate as they like, they don't need a national holiday. I hope that this eases your mind on the matter and I wish you nothing but happiness.
looks like that person deleted their comment.

Back
Top Bottom