Incubating & Hatching

alisalyn01

Hatching
Apr 10, 2023
So I started 20 eggs on 3/27, 3 eggs on 3/30 and 4 on 3/31. On day 18 I am to take the egg turner out and increase humidity. Sooo what am I to do with the other 7 that are not on their 18th day? Please advisešŸ˜³

Staggered hatches are known for this difficulty, that's why most people avoid them if possible.
Taking the turner out early won't hurt any but the humidity *might*. Section off the newer eggs with something so they won't get shaken by the hatching peeps.
I will definitely avoid in the future. This is my fist hatching attempt and Iā€™ve learned a lot. Thanks so much for the advice.

what ive seen on my new bator, is if a larger unit with a rocking type turner is used, it will basically be in several rows .. so say you start with 24 eggs in a 48 eggs bator and its got 4 rows of 12 on the turner .. 2 rows can be disassembled and removed freeing up space to place eggs .. so say 10 get culled at candle time and are replaced so those are behind .. long as theyre marked the others can be removed to the freed up space and the new ones left in the turner to bake another week lol ..

what ive seen on my new bator, is if a larger unit with a rocking type turner is used, it will basically be in several rows .. so say you start with 24 eggs in a 48 eggs bator and its got 4 rows of 12 on the turner .. 2 rows can be disassembled and removed freeing up space to place eggs .. so say 10 get culled at candle time and are replaced so those are behind .. long as theyre marked the others can be removed to the freed up space and the new ones left in the turner to bake another week lol ..
Heyyy thanks! I have the Innovation and I think the rows may be removable. But what about humidity?

Back
Top Bottom