Incubator Humidity Checks

AvocadoAbi

Songster
Jul 3, 2021
Hi y'all!
I am hatching eggs through a Brinsea Mini II Advance and I was wondering:
How often do I check the amount of water in the pots for humidity?
I know you aren't supposed to do it often, but the manual doesn't exactly say when...or I wasn't reading carefully enough! :)
Any advice appreciated!
😁

Hi y'all!
I am hatching eggs through a Brinsea Mini II Advance and I was wondering:
How often do I check the amount of water in the pots for humidity?
I know you aren't supposed to do it often, but the manual doesn't exactly say when...or I wasn't reading carefully enough! :)
Any advice appreciated!
😁
It depends on how deep the water reservoirs are. They should not be allowed to go dry.

Apparently you have an incubator like mine in that the reservoir can't be seen when there's eggs in the incubator. I quit using that reservoir and put in a small plastic container with water that sits among the eggs.

I realize that but my question was how do I know when the water reservoirs are going dry?
The humidity will drop when the reservoir runs dry. Might be hard to tell if the humidity isn't real stabile. You might fill the reservoir then run it until you see the humidity drop. That would tell you how long you can go without refilling.

The humidity will drop when the reservoir runs dry. Might be hard to tell if the humidity isn't real stabile. You might fill the reservoir then run it until you see the humidity drop. That would tell you how long you can go without refilling.
I don't think my incubator has a humidity thermometer.

You can buy a standalone hygrometer. Many people here seem to buy an extra one if the incubator already has one built in. You will want to calibrate it.

Back
Top Bottom