Indian Runner Off Legs??!

Jun 13, 2022
Hello!

Just needing some advice for one of my female indian runners. I have 6 in total, 2 drakes and 4 ducks. With a lot of rain in the UK, they have been loving it but I think its taking a tole on them (yes they have plenty of access to shelter)

One of my brown girls has been a bit off her legs this morning, not massivly but sitting down and resting a bit more. She has a very very very mild limp but doesnt seem to be a massive problem to her when walking. They are currently free ranging instead of in their pen and they are all quite happy but the brown one is still sitting a bit. Shes eating and drinking well and she does get up and run around still but just taking more breaks. The girls are starting to lay again intermittently and the boys are very interested in them so I dont know if its en egg issue? Im not massively concerned right now but would rather treat and keep an eye on her now ro prevent this getting worse. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20240402_092021.jpg
    20240402_092021.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 14
Hello, no not at all, they are all sitting by her quite happily, she seems a bit better now as shes been running around and acting normal, just sits down a bit more
she may be slightly injured from the drakes, how many do you have?
drakes are the number one most sexually aggressive animal in the entire anmal kingdom.
Therefore the rec ratio for drakes to duck-hens is 1 to 4 or 5. So if you have 2 drakes you want to have at least 8 hens.
Even with the correct ratio they can gang up on one hen and accidently kill her. but it's less likely.
what's your ratio now?

Back
Top Bottom