Is occasional wet spray(?) coming from pullet’s nose normal? (when shaking head, sneezing) during moult

Ankaa

Songster
Apr 10, 2023
My EE pullet is in her second moult and I was just wondering if this was normal because of all the “chicken snow.” The wet sneezes and head shake spraying is on and off. It is clearly coming from her nose but only when she sneezes or shakes her head really fast. It’s not dripping out of her nostrils or anything like that.

That's not normal. Sounds like a respiratory infection.
she hasn’t done it again since that night but it’s been an on and off thing for awhile now. I’ve been thinking about it a lot and I’m remembering her sneezing even when she was only a few weeks old in the brooder (though no wet spray just sneezing a lot some days and then nothing, then sneezing a lot for a day then nothing for a week, etc.) is there something I can do to help her?

If it hasn't worsen, or resolved it's possibly just some sort of respiratory irritation. What type of bedding do you use? Do you have good ventilation in your coop? Do you use anything like DE?

If it hasn't worsen, or resolved it's possibly just some sort of respiratory irritation. What type of bedding do you use? Do you have good ventilation in your coop? Do you use anything like DE?
I use hemp bedding. Before she fully belonged to me, in her original brooder she had newspaper. She does have good ventilation as far as I am aware. I’ve never used DE but she does have access to medium commercial grade sand. She was sneezing before that though.

Back
Top Bottom