Is this Septoria Leaf Spot on our Tomato Plants? Prevention and Curing Tips?

Apr 30, 2022
Hello everyone. When we were in the garden today we noticed that some of our tomato plants have black-spotted dead leaves. I believe we're dealing with Septoria Leaf Spot. I had a lot of trouble with it at the end of the growing season last year, and resorted to just going through the rows and clipping off the infected leaves of our tomato plants. I did clip off the infected leaves I found today.

Have any of you had experience with this? Any advice is, as always, greatly appreciated. Thanks,

IMG_6078.JPG

IMG_6079.JPG

IMG_6080.JPG

Still trying to figure out what to do about the leaf spot...
We are dealing with a widespread problem at this point with most if not every one of our over 100 tomato plants struggling with it. It seems to have gotten significantly worse after a rain last week.

Any advice other than staking/trellising and removing infected foliage?
Thanks,

It does look like that. I know my tomatoes are getting hit by it as well, but because of how hot and humid it is down here, on top of the fact that my plants are vastly out growing the fungus, I'm not clipping off the dead leaves. If I don't have to make an open wound on the plant then no need to give it an easier pathway into the plant.

It does look like that. I know my tomatoes are getting hit by it as well, but because of how hot and humid it is down here, on top of the fact that my plants are vastly out growing the fungus, I'm not clipping off the dead leaves. If I don't have to make an open wound on the plant then no need to give it an easier pathway into the plant.
Thank you for your advice!

Back
Top Bottom