ISO: Female Production Toulouse in Western New York

silenthawk2x3

Chirping
Jul 13, 2015
Olean
We ordered a pair of toulouse, 10 ducklings, and fifteen cochin bantam chicks from Cackle Hatchery this May. They arrived on May 29th and just about everybody was active and alert. We lost three chicks in shipping and another to pasty butt a few days later, but it was a great shipment otherwise. We named the geese Dick and Franny after my great grandparents, and they quickly became the rulers of the yard. Unfortunately Franny got tangled up in a feed bag string and got herself tangled around one of the chicken roosts on father's day and passed. It absolutely broke my heart, especially since she had not been long dead when we found her. Now we have our lonely gander, Dick, and he runs the 9 (unrelated owl incident) ducks around the yard with our 9 other adult chickens giving them a wide berth. As it is so late in the season many hatcheries don't have any more geese let alone production toulouse... And I'm not willing to get him another breed of goose since loneliness isn't the main issue. So here I am in hopes that someone will know how to help or provide some insight in my search for a hot babe for Dick. ;) We own a farm in Cattaraugus County New York with a big old pond and plenty of yard for tromping.

Thanks for reading,
Ellen

Dick has started trying to breed the ducks even though he is only a little over seven weeks old. Is it normal for him to be interested so soon? He doesn't even have all of his feathers in on his back!

Back
Top Bottom