It all started with marcus luttrell...

jmac11

Chirping
Apr 2, 2023
Oklahoma
A teacher at my school was incubating eggs for her class. Last year I watched the little baby chicks go home one by one in shoeboxes and tried not to think about what happened to them. This year I told the teacher I would take the chicks and would share pictures with the kids as the chicks grew. Well, she only hatched one chick this year! My husband told me to bring the lone survivor home thus the name marcus luttrell. Obviously I wanted marcus to have friends so I went to atwoods and bought 4 straight run rhode island reds and 2 yellow chicks marked pullets. My RIRs have been easy to identify. I have 2 cockerels and 2 pullets. Marcus is all black and I think he is a she. My question is about 1 of the yellow chicks. Does anyone know what kind of chick this is? It was sold as a pullet but acts like a cockerel. These pics are at 4 and 5 weeks. They were living in the utility room shower (chickens belong outside). I got them moved to the garage and we'll have their coop finished in a week. Thank you
Looks like I can only find 1 pic right now. This is at 5 weeks.

Attachments

• 20230402_124631.jpg
    20230402_124631.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 9
Thank you
Any idea on what breed the black chick is? He/she hatched from a brown egg and has a pea comb. This was at 4 weeks.
20230401_090048.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom