Julies Eggs are going in the hatcher tonight!

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
As I said in a previous post, Julie (juliechickens) is on vacation this week and I am egg sitting. Well, today is day 18 on the first bunch so I will be moving them tonight into my bator which is set up for hatching. There is another set in there that will then be on day 18 on Wed. So I need lots of good luck vibes sent this way. I want her to come home to lots of chicks. Thanks.

marie

I'll be crossing my fingers for ya! Hope you and she have a good hatch!! I have some that went to the hatcher yesterday, some today, and some tommorrow. This is my first incubation so I'm a little nrevous about it!
hmm.png

Thanks, I hope they all hatch too, especially since I feel responsible for them. But I am just doing what she told me to do since they are hers. So if more hatch I will know her way is better than mine!! I put them in to the hatcher last night. She said Monday was day 18 but I waited until last night to do it. Hopefully she did not mean in the morning. Anyway, hope all goes well. The rest of the eggs are still in the original bator and will be on day 18 wednesday. So I have to up the humidity and will hopefully have eggs pipping and hatching by the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

Marie

Well, of the first batch of 8 eggs, I got 5 babies. The other three must have died at a late stage for some reason. They are so cute. I think there is (1) white, it is a light silver-white color, and (1) black, (1) cuckoo, not sure on that one, it is grey right now, and (2) partridge. The second set of 8 are in the bator now on day 20. Keep your fingers crossed. She drove the incubator to me, 95 miles one way, so I could watch them while she is on vacation. Not that is a caring chicken mom. I pray that more hatch for her. I will try to get pics later on.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom