Lethargic duck

ldiniz

Hatching
Apr 24, 2023
Hello,

I have an 8 week old Cayuga duck that as of today is acting very lethargic. She won’t move around on her own and will plop down and lay wherever you place her. I dipped her beak in water mixed with electrolytes and vitamins and was able to get her to drink a bit. However, upon closer inspection of the pen I did see this bloody stool.

We did move them out to their pen on Saturday and she was acting normally up until today. I went down to TSC to buy the electrolytes earlier and was advised that ducks are very sensitive to added stress and the move may be stressing her out but I’m not sure if I should be more concerned after seeing this bloody stool. My other two ducks are acting fine and normal. Any advice? I’d hate to lose her 🥺

Attachments

• 77C95277-F311-4C4F-A757-DCF859342C33.jpeg
    77C95277-F311-4C4F-A757-DCF859342C33.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
Hello,

I have an 8 week old Cayuga duck that as of today is acting very lethargic. She won’t move around on her own and will plop down and lay wherever you place her. I dipped her beak in water mixed with electrolytes and vitamins and was able to get her to drink a bit. However, upon closer inspection of the pen I did see this bloody stool.

We did move them out to their pen on Saturday and she was acting normally up until today. I went down to TSC to buy the electrolytes earlier and was advised that ducks are very sensitive to added stress and the move may be stressing her out but I’m not sure if I should be more concerned after seeing this bloody stool. My other two ducks are acting fine and normal. Any advice? I’d hate to lose her 🥺
Hi I’m sorry I don’t know how to tag members on here yet but try asking Miss Lydia. She’s been doing this a long time and very knowledgeable about ducks.

Hello,

Have you checked her color? It could help to give her something with high nutrients in this case. I’m not very experienced with ducks, though.

Back
Top Bottom