Lethargic hen and is this poop concerning?

Marleeschicks

Chirping
May 28, 2023
IMG_0201.jpeg

I am not sure if she is the one who did this or not, I am also not sure if this is just a result of foraging in the downpour rain the last two days.
My hen is not laying yet (last one to lay, she is 7 months) and has been lethargic lately. Just wanted to see if this poop screamed worms to anyone ?

The abnormal dropping along with the lethargy, and not laying at 7 months altogether point to a possible reproductive disorder. Is her tail down or up? Does she have a red comb, and has she been near the nest boxes? Have you seen any soft or shell-less eggs in the coop? Is she eating and drinking normally? I would be tempted to worm her with Valbazen or SafeGuard. Has she been normal up until now?

The abnormal dropping along with the lethargy, and not laying at 7 months altogether point to a possible reproductive disorder. Is her tail down or up? Does she have a red comb, and has she been near the nest boxes? Have you seen any soft or shell-less eggs in the coop? Is she eating and drinking normally? I would be tempted to worm her with Valbazen or SafeGuard. Has she been normal up until now?
So she’s been on a slow decline that’s gotten much more noticeable the last two weeks. When I say decline I am referring to her energy levels. She walks with her tail down as if the last week.
She is not laying yet (she has never laid).
She still comes out for free range time just clearly has to take breaks every minute to lay or sit down
She’s always been a bit of a lazy girl but this is not normal for sure.
Comb is on and off pale ish

Back
Top Bottom