Lethargic/ Weird Intermittent Peep

Kristen0729

Chirping
Jan 13, 2021
Millie is a 17 week old Ameraucana. I can’t find the thread from when I had an issue with her before but wondering if it’s all related. At the moment she’s in my counter, not wanting to move, eat etc. standing with her eyes closed.
A few days ago she started making this peep sound that I’ve not heard before. She was playing and eating/drinking so I thought she was just goofy. The next day she was sitting by herself, not wanting food. Would peck but not really eat. I put her in my iso pen and she had white diarrhea, pecked a bit at melon but not much else. I gave her Vit B and E in a syringe with water. She’s not interested in anything but now she just has diarrhea, it’s not all white any more. I don’t see any mites etc. She has not laid an egg yet. The flock was treated with a corrid preventative round about a month ago and they’ve all been dipped for external parasites. She’s always been much smaller than the other three. A few months back I found her standing with a droopy neck. Treated her with B and E like was recommended in a thread and she was great in 24 hours. Wondering if she’s simply sickly. Respiratory infection? I tried looking for gape worms but she’s fighting me lol. Breaking my heart that I can’t figure this out for her. Any recs?

Can you please post photos of her and her poop?

What are you feeding?

I'd work on hydration first, then offer some wet soupy feed.
See that her crop is emptying overnight.

You dipped them for external parasites, when was this and did she actually have lice or mites?

Can you please post photos of her and her poop?

What are you feeding?

I'd work on hydration first, then offer some wet soupy feed.
See that her crop is emptying overnight.

You dipped them for external parasites, when was this and did she actually have lice or mites?
My camera on my phone is broken so I can’t take pics (Great timing) She’s still holding on but very weak. Poop is a bit more solid now, she will randomly peck at the soupy mash and some mashed up grapes but not eating much. Im syringing fluids throughout the day. She’s in the house in a pen as of yesterday. This am she was asleep when I woke up but a few mins ago she was laying on her food bowl. She will take a step and then be still and close her eyes.
I did not see any external lice or mites, no worms or anything. (Coop is cleaned daily)

Back
Top Bottom