Little chick sitting on its but

Awe, such a cutie!

I hope you have some grower/starter as it looks like you're the momma now at least until it gets better. I'd wet it as it will like it that way, plus hydrates them a bit.

I'd give it a day or two and see if it doesn't improve away from being pecked at.
it’s weirdly sleepy but I think it may be down to streas

Thought you may like to know the chick Is up on its feet and running around .
Slightly needy though 🤣
Oh my goodness! Thank you for the update. That is such good news! Way to go! :highfive:

If you think it's 100%, you could probably try sneak it amongst the other chicks when the mom isn't looking. She probably won't notice. If you choose not to trust her, I wouldn't blame you.

I've raised a couple of orphans. The crying goes way down after a couple of days. I found running the TV that was a few feet from the brooder helped a lot.

Oh my goodness! Thank you for the update. That is such good news! Way to go! :highfive:

If you think it's 100%, you could probably try sneak it amongst the other chicks when the mom isn't looking. She probably won't notice. If you choose not to trust her, I wouldn't blame you.

I've raised a couple of orphans. The crying goes way down after a couple of days. I found running the TV that was a few feet from the brooder helped a lot.
I think I’ll attempt to put it under another hen with chicks but will keep a close eye

Back
Top Bottom