Living the good life in New Zealand

Awaawachook

Hatching
11 Years
Nov 19, 2008
Hi and greetings from New Zealand!

We've been keeping chickens for about 18 months on our patch of paradise at Awaawaroa Bay Eco Village on Waiheke Island 18km off the coast of mainland New Zealand.

We also have 5 Khaki Campbell ducks which are wonderful layers (better than the chooks to be honest!) which, together with our chook flock of 10 birds (and counting) give us many happy hours of enjoyment, the occasional moment of panic, and plenty of eggs.

Looking forward to getting involved and learning from all the other chook enthusiasts out there.

All the best

Gina

welcome-byc.gif
Greetings to you from USA!

Wow!! It does sound like paradise!!
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
Welcome to BYC !!
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

We would LOVE to see pics of your chooks and ducks! I personally would LOVE to see pics of your island too!

Have a great day!!

Lisa
smile.png

Welcome, Awaawachook!

NZ is at the very top of my list for travel destinations. I've read a lot about your paradise, plus spent a lot of time with some Kiwis (hope that's not offensive) who were the crew on a Windjammer cruise. Great fellas.

Glad to have you on the BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I've been to Auckland on my way to Aus. It was so beautiful I still stare at my pictures with envy.
I have a coworker from NZ, and keep wondering WHY she'd rather be in the USA?? oh well...

Welcome to BYC - we hope you stay for a long time and post lots of pictures of your ducks and farm.

How did your government elections go?

Back
Top Bottom