Low Blood Circulation To Legs In Rooster. . .

CrazyChickenLady227

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2023
Hey Everyone, I've got a rooster who's stumbling and acting off. I've come to the conclusion he doesn't have enough blood flow to his legs (explaining a lot, not gonna lie).
I'm giving me cinnamon on his food-mash to help but is there anything thing else I can do? Thank you all in advance! Have a lovely day and Happy Holidays! : )

How old is he? Can you get him drinking some water with sugar or electrolytes? Offer some cooked egg and some mushy wet chicken feed. Tuna or ground meat is good once. How long has this been going on? Do you have another rooster? Hopefully, he is dehydrated or weak from not enough food. B complex vitamins might be helpful 1/2 tablet daily crushed in food for a couple of weeks. Let us know how he is doing in the morning.

He's three years, soon to be four along with the rest of the flock. He is drinking and eating, I've been feeding him a mash with some cinnamon on it but I'll try eggs, thank!

It's been going on for, honestly, I think about a year which confuses me because it only know has just gotten to were he cannot walk, he just falls over. I've got him drinking with with "Rooster Booster B-12".

Thank you very much for you suggestions!!!! 🙂

B12 is not B complex. I would use B complex for the riboflavin (B2) plus it has all other B’s including B12. B12 is well, just B12. Riboflavin is one of the important ones for chickens and legs.

Do you notice any swelling of his toes, ankles, or his hocks. Are his scales raised or missing, or has he got gray ashy material on his legs? If pictures could help post some. Check his footpads for scabs or small cuts. If you can take a video to upload to YouTube or Vimeo and post a link here, that would be most helpful. Chicken slings can be helpful in lame birds if they will tolerate being in them for periods throughout the day.

B12 is not B complex. I would use B complex for the riboflavin (B2) plus it has all other B’s including B12. B12 is well, just B12. Riboflavin is one of the important ones for chickens and legs.

Do you notice any swelling of his toes, ankles, or his hocks. Are his scales raised or missing, or has he got gray ashy material on his legs? If pictures could help post some. Check his footpads for scabs or small cuts. If you can take a video to upload to YouTube or Vimeo and post a link here, that would be most helpful. Chicken slings can be helpful in lame birds if they will tolerate being in them for periods throughout the day.
Alright, thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom