March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
DAY 20, three external pips, but they’re all coming out assbackwards!🤦‍♀️
This has been happening more often in the last several hatches. Not sure what the difference is. I am usually able to help these malpositioned chicks fairly well with good results, so we’ll just keep an eye on them for now.😊
8F2888F9-6768-458E-A83F-E134DC726B20.jpeg

Well, 20 made it to lockdown and 12 hatched. I am never happy to find fully formed chicks that have the yolk sack absorbed quitting before internal pip.
Congrats on the 12 that made it.🥰
Sorry for the ones that did not.
I agree, it’s always so sad when they’ve made it so far and you really don’t know why they didn’t hatch.

I am setting 7 Muscovy eggs later today. They will be due to hatch on March 16th. I also have a bunch more eggs I should be setting this month.

I have Bantam Cochin, Barnyard Mixed, and Large Fowl Brahma. These are all from various sources. All are due to hatch in March if I set them as planned.

I am a bit of a hatching addict. I will be adding eggs at various points to the incubator as the month goes on. So if you are hatching or want to just see what hatches join me.
Im just learning im loving 🥰 making babies 👶 so far i hatched. 8 pekin and unfortunately lost my 3 geese 1 because I dropped it being stupid candling it (it was developed and only had maybe 4days left😩) 2 because im new and was honestly impatient but it drowned from what I believe upped the humidity so it wouldn’t dry out and .. 3rd im assuming fluctuating temp opening incubator etc .. so hard unnecessary lessons Learned for my first time ever incubating but like i said i did get 8 gorgeous ducklings 1 spraddle leg but that was fix less than 12 hrs

Back
Top Bottom