Meyer Hatchery Hatching Eggs Review

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
This past May, I ordered 15 hatching eggs from Meyer Hatchery. The eggs included:
6 Cream Legbar
3 Easter Egger
3 Olive Egger
3 Buff Orpington

The eggs arrived within 48 hours, and were packaged well. One of the eggs had a minuscule crack, and one had some bubbles inside from being shaken. My only complaint is that there was not an extra egg included (many other reviews mentioned they received one, and I assumed everyone did).

Out of the 15 eggs, after removing the shaken & cracked eggs which didn’t develop, only 1 appeared infertile.

From the 12 fertile eggs left, I successfully hatched:
2 Cream Legbars
2 Buff Orpington
3 Olive Egger
2 Easter Egger

A CCL & an EE made it to the end but didn’t hatch. So 75% success from shipped hatching eggs. I was quite happy with this number. I only wish I had hatched more than 3 pullets! 😂 Lots of boys, and none have shown agression as of yet.

I would order eggs from Meyer again. The prices for most breeds are very reasonable (about $3 per egg for basic breeds.) Hopefully they will start including an extra egg once more. I did not request a refund for the cracked egg, as it was so tiny I didn’t think it would show up on camera and it was only one of them.

If anyone else ordered eggs from Meyer, I would love to hear your experience. If anyone has any questions please let me know!

My first batch of Meyers a few years ago, turned out bad because I used a Chinese yellow top incubator. It wasn't keeping the heat. I have since ordered from Meyers and around the country through Ebay. Plus hatching eggs from local farms. My best shipped eggs have been from Foxfire farms in ID and they are one state over, shipping fast, without loose air cells. I did hatch eggs from across the country, (NC) and they had loose aircells. I just hatch them differently, and I hope I have things down to a science, (using farm Innovator foam, and Little Giant foam) one as an incubator turner, (LG), and one as a hatcher no turn (FI), I currently have eggs ordered from Meyers early next year, eggs were cheaper than chicks in some cases, and some if I wanted to get certain chicks together at the same time, I had to hatch them together.

Back
Top Bottom