HeritageFan

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Sep 21, 2022
Our American Chinchilla rabbits waste
-so much-
Timothy hay
30$ a 3 string bale is a lot when I’m taking out the piles of waste 😞

We give them hay in their slow feeders (on the side of their cages, checked and re filled whenever they are empty) plus at least a handful inside each cage daily.

I don’t think they waste what is in the cages, they just waste a lot from the slow feeders 😕

They all have constant access to water, suitable things to chew on, two level cages for exercise, and grain at least every other day (or two, to be honest....)

I am very happy w how easy our setup is to clean. But. Has anyone figured out better ways to feed hay so waste is minimized?

Our American Chinchilla rabbits waste
-so much-
Timothy hay
30$ a 3 string bale is a lot when I’m taking out the piles of waste 😞

We give them hay in their slow feeders (on the side of their cages, checked and re filled whenever they are empty) plus at least a handful inside each cage daily.

I don’t think they waste what is in the cages, they just waste a lot from the slow feeders 😕

They all have constant access to water, suitable things to chew on, two level cages for exercise, and grain at least every other day (or two, to be honest....)

I am very happy w how easy our setup is to clean. But. Has anyone figured out better ways to feed hay so waste is minimized?
When you say slow feeders, is this what you mean? It's what we use for our (yes, I know you have rabbits) chinchilla who goes through a lot of timothy hay. We get it from our farmer's field beside us. We dry it then shove this thing full. He pulls it out but it breaks so the majority is kept inside and he's munching on what he broke off. Assuming this is the same thing as rabbits.

1697409026009.png

Back
Top Bottom