My 1st quail egg! Now what?

allielavonne

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2018
So a couple days ago my oldest girl gave me my first egg!!! Soooo exciting! But I haven’t seen any since... is it normal for it to be sporadic in the beginning? I added a picture because I must say she makes a darn pretty egg!

Attachments

• AD56FE6B-8796-4DE3-A68B-FC795D2E8FC4.jpeg
    AD56FE6B-8796-4DE3-A68B-FC795D2E8FC4.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 9
Very nice! My 3 older girls all started laying the exact same day and average 1 egg a day. My younger by about 4 weeks just started laying and I’ve had about 3 eggs out of her over the span of 10 days.
I don’t think it’s abnormal for laying to begin sporadically like that.

Poultry sometimes lay oddly when they start up. Chickens will sometimes lay an egg without a shell or with the wrong number of yolks.

That's a pretty egg! If you still have it, have you considered emptying the shell and keeping it? You can poke a hole in each end with a large needle and clean out the stuff inside to preserve the shell.

Poultry sometimes lay oddly when they start up. Chickens will sometimes lay an egg without a shell or with the wrong number of yolks.

That's a pretty egg! If you still have it, have you considered emptying the shell and keeping it? You can poke a hole in each end with a large needle and clean out the stuff inside to preserve the shell.
Awww I do this with all my pet hennies! I blow their first eggies then date them and keep them forever! :love

I do still have it! that's a good idea I considered keeping it as a trophy of some sort lol

Back
Top Bottom