My Baby Cakes Mute Swan photo

Pics
Congrats on the little one! I live 40 mins from Cincy and am currently in search for a female. Assuming a predator got our 2 yr old because one morning she was gone.. it's been approximately 2 months so we need to find our male a mate and the gentleman that we purchased from before says he doesn't have anything other than this years cygnets. Can you suggest someone who may not be too far of a drive for us? Thanks!

Hi @luvswans thank you and I am sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep an eye out. I know for sure you can get one at the wild fowl auction in the fall. I am going this year. They usually have quite a few there and the prices are pretty good. At the moment I can't remember the name of the town. When I find out I will PM you. You should hear from me within the next few days or sooner. It is always best as far as I am concerned to buy in your own state, it's much less stress on the birds. I have in the past purchased and had a 4hr drive home but when the birds are in the car, I throw down the back seat and they have the advantage of the air conditioning. I will see what I can find out. Thanks, Mark. :frow Feel free to PM me any time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom