My Chicken lays around, limps, and not laying

I just went out there and the foot does look more swollen than the other one, and more than the other two chickens that I have. I will try to get a pic. If so, what would this mean do you think?
It depends. She could have poked it or have a simple case of bumblefoot. However there is a bacterial infection that can cause limping and lameness in chickens. Post up pics of the top of the foot and the bottom side of the foot pad and we can go from there.

Thank you. I couldn't get the bottom very well, but here are a few photos of the top of her feet. Let me know what you think. There are no black spots that I can see.

Attachments

• bumble.jpg
    bumble.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2
  • bumble1.jpg
    bumble1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 2
  • bumble2.jpg
    bumble2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 2
Thank you. I couldn't get the bottom very well, but here are a few photos of the top of her feet. Let me know what you think. There are no black spots that I can see.
Great! I know it's hard but can you get a pic of her bottom pad? I want to see if she has a puncture or infection in her foot pad.

Thank you. I am pretty worried and really don't see any other way to deal with this other than take her to the bird vet who happens to be really close to me. That will give me peace of mind. She is my favorite one and I love her so much. I will keep you posted! :))

Thank you. I am pretty worried and really don't see any other way to deal with this other than take her to the bird vet who happens to be really close to me. That will give me peace of mind. She is my favorite one and I love her so much. I will keep you posted! :))
Oh definitely take her to a bird vet if you have one, they can see way more than we can.

Good luck and please keep us posted! :hugs

I have the best news! Just got back from the vet and it's the best $68 I ever spent! Doc checked her all over and her feet had pebbles stuck in bottom pads of both her feet and she just scrapped them off. One was kind of embedded on the pad and had formed a scab, so she cut that off....no blood, and put Manuka Honey on it, and then wrapped it! Doc says that Manuka is the best for this kind of thing! I will keep watch over her the next few days and make sure to keep the small wound clean. Now I know what to do in the future, and how to wrap a chicken's foot! I feel so relieved, and Tootsie was such a good girl!:wee

I have the best news! Just got back from the vet and it's the best $68 I ever spent! Doc checked her all over and her feet had pebbles stuck in bottom pads of both her feet and she just scrapped them off. One was kind of embedded on the pad and had formed a scab, so she cut that off....no blood, and put Manuka Honey on it, and then wrapped it! Doc says that Manuka is the best for this kind of thing! I will keep watch over her the next few days and make sure to keep the small wound clean. Now I know what to do in the future, and how to wrap a chicken's foot! I feel so relieved, and Tootsie was such a good girl!:wee
Oh I am so glad this turned out to be so easy, I was worried! I love a happy ending!! :woot Well done to you and Tootsie!!

Thanks for all your positive feedback! It feels lonely out there when you are at a loss of what to do with our chickies! :)
This is what BYC is all about, we help and support each other. :) And it's tough to see them suffer and not know what to do!

Back
Top Bottom