My chicken's eyes

Chickenloverdude

Hatching
May 30, 2023
One of my chickens eye is squinted and with white beneath it, I have no idea what this means so please help. File below

Attachments

• 20230530_142801.jpg
    20230530_142801.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 135
Is she sneezing or coughing or acting lethargic? If not, this is likely a simple eye infection. Flush the eye liberally with saline eye wash. Or make your own solution from the many recipes online.

Then put an antibiotic eye ointment in the eye twice a day until it clears up. You can use Neosporin or better, get Terramycin eye ointment from any feed store.

Is she sneezing or coughing or acting lethargic? If not, this is likely a simple eye infection. Flush the eye liberally with saline eye wash. Or make your own solution from the many recipes online.

Then put an antibiotic eye ointment in the eye twice a day until it clears up. You can use Neosporin or better, get Terramycin eye ointment from any feed store.
I don't see any sneezing but i see her sticking her head in other chicken's feathers

They stick their head under another chicken's feathers to comfort themselves. It's a holdover instinct from chick-hood. Her eye likely is causing her a lot of discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom