My chickens story!!!!

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
I have four jersey giants two buff orpingtons two calico Cochins and one frizzle cochin the cochins are almost three weeks and my others are a year their names are Blossom Jessie Lily Marigold Hope Daffy Amelia Violet and Nat Nat they are all so sweet the year old ones are lap chickens and I’m taming the chicks I’ve only had them for a week they like to perch on me and cuddle under my coat the chicks I have now were a blessing and surprise I had taken a light Brahma rooster from my friend and he was very scared wouldn’t even come near me I worked with him and soon he was a lap chicken too he was a sweet guy with the hens and with me however he wasn’t good with little kids and he ( because he was so big ) hurt the hens not just a scratch I mean ripping their skin open as soon as I found the wounds we got him his own little coop so he could live next to the girls without hurting him but he wasn’t happy so we knew we had to rehome him he went to a very kind lady who gave me three chicks Amelia Violet and Nat Nat I named them and Nat Nat is not her real name just her nickname they are now almost three weeks old and very active and sweet they like to pretend fight and Amelia likes to stare at herself in the mirror if you like this story of my new chicks I’ll tell you the story of my other chicks that are now a year old!!

Cochins are one of my favorite breeds (don't tell the others!), and I absolutely ADORE my red frizzle Cochin Bantam. Her name is Gabby because she has something to say about everything.

Good for you taking in that rooster, socializing him and finding him a new home.

Best wishes with your new babies!
Thank you!!! I know everything I’ve read about Cochins makes me fall in love with the more!!!

Back
Top Bottom