My Easter eggers are driving me crazy!

meetthebubus

Crowing
Mar 28, 2017
Love 'em! But to find a good roost for them at night has been a challenge for over 3 months now

They seem to like the highest point, right now that's 4 ft high and 1/4 inch thick so I put a 2 by 4 up there and 5 others around but they will only roost on the 2 by 4 thats attached to the 1/4 in door :confused:

So to recap I have 6, 8 ft long 2 by 4 but all 19, yes 19 5 month old eggers are squished on only one 8 ft perch:barnie

Silly birds, so different from my fat Orpingtons who are nice and content to perch inside their coop where they belong:cool:

143.JPG

Our Easter Eggers have their own notions about everything too including where they should lay their eggs & where to sleep.

I gave up and let them have their outdoor nest that I can access easily because at least they are going to the same spot everyday.

They also roost/sleep all piled together in a nesting box. All of the other girls roost on the actual roosts and are quite content. I gave up trying to figure them out.....as long as they aren’t killing each other and are laying eggs where I can find them then they can have their way.

At least they are not adventurous like the Favaucana, Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons. Those birds drive me crazy as I am constantly shooing them back to the areas where they should be with everyone else.

I have 7 EEs, 3 BO, and 2 RIR that all snuggle every night onto a 1.5ft wide x 2.5ft in length ledge. They have a very large coop with a loft above 10 nests with multiple perches. No.. I feel at this point they just like to snuggle haha.

Well it's a relief to know it's not just mine, I've given up on trying to conform them to my way and just adjust to their way like @drumstick diva said I didn't know they were full of character in this way but I love am, and yes like @New2Chicks97 said I get some eggs in weird places like the water puddle :gig

Do your ee's kind of scream or yell while flying? Mine do :jumpy

Well it's a relief to know it's not just mine, I've given up on trying to conform them to my way and just adjust to their way like @drumstick diva said I didn't know they were full of character in this way but I love am, and yes like @New2Chicks97 said I get some eggs in weird places like the water puddle :gig

Do your ee's kind of scream or yell while flying? Mine do :jumpy
Mine are talkative all of the time!

I took a video of when they integrated they had more room so they started flying and yelling like something was wrong

At the time i thought something was wrong but they do it all the time now so it's just what they do
Here is the example of what they do here:

Back
Top Bottom