My First Rooster!

I'M On Island Time

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 23, 2008
Chain O'Lakes IL
I have had my hens for 3 yrs., but last night we added our first Roo to the family. I am so excited! I'll have to post a picture, but it is raining right now, and he took off with the girls for the morning scavage for bugs under the bushes.

He was homeless (picked up and was at the animal shelter), so I am hopeful he will like his new home as a free-ranger. He was pretty scared this morning, as I think getting an island to himself to rome around with 3 other chickens was just too overwhelming. He was trying to attack everything...the rooster flag, the car, the rooster planter.
lol.png

But after about 15 min. he realized nothing would get him and then followed the ladies off to do their daily work. I hear him crowing now, so hopefully he is happy! BTW-His name is Archie. Not sure what kind of bird he is, but he has some feathers on his legs, is red with green tail feathers, and not much larger than my Brahmas. He is pretty friendly, too, considering his past is sketchy. And he just loves his girlfriends!

Just had to share the news.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom