my guppies are dieing

lindy

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Oregon
im guessing a 30 gal bow tank with a very large canister for filtration . five bristlenosed catfish, rest are guppies, did a stupid thing and took some of my moms guppies since she only has a 5 gal and there was way too many and she didnt have time to clean 1x a week,w ell they were sick just didnt see it right away.
so put a few in a 5 gal and treated for fungus and added salt. nope nothing but they are still alive after a few weeks while the tank fish are dieing 3-5 a day. and what is weird,the annoying snails some have soft shells have no idea if that is related or not. did add a bit of salt in the main tank.

finally was able to get some bacteria antibiotic -online/local they are out but went to a few towns over and found some that was more then double what was on line but i couldnt just let them all die. (furnan 2 i think) . so third day and im really hoping it will do something if so then i will get more and treat the larger tank.
guppies have a slight white haze at first only seen at certain lighting (my house is dark), then it gets whiter and more noticable and the fish slow down eating, i am hardly feeding as everyone is preety much not eating anymore even the plecos.(except the fish in the 5 gal they are eating) some get holes like they are being eaten on the tail area. the white is usually in the middle and sometimes on the head area.
if anyone has an idea of what i can do that would be great. my tank was clean, my plecos quit breeding since i started using the canaster due to being too clean for them so then i got some guppies everyone was good until i put my moms fish in there.

Back
Top Bottom