My hen won’t move

Chickenraiser_2

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2023
Washington, United States
I have came to the chicken coop to see my hen standing next to the water standing still in the same spot, not moving or eating and as I carry her, she seem to be lighter than the rest, can someone explain to me what wrong with her. The day before a similar incident occur with a different hen when I lift her up and settle her down, she seem to be off balance. The next day she is fine all playful .

How old is she? Does she lay eggs? Is her tail up or down? How does her crop feel? What does her poops look like? Can you offer some sugar water or electrolytes up to her beak? Then some mushy wet chicken feed, scrambled egg? Getting a baseline weight on her in the am might help. What do you feed them?

How old is she? Does she lay eggs? Is her tail up or down? How does her crop feel? What does her poops look like? Can you offer some sugar water or electrolytes up to her beak? Then some mushy wet chicken feed, scrambled egg? Getting a baseline weight on her in the am might help. What do you feed them?
She about a year and a half, I think got it around May last year her tail is up, and her poop is white not solid, I’ve been giving her water, and she won’t except food given to her, I’ll try giving her sugar water and wetting her chicken feed hope that help.

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpeg
    IMG_2487.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Could she be starting to molt? She is the right age, and looks a bit like it. I would continue to observe and offer mushy wet feed tonight and again tomorrow. Let us know if she has any other symptoms.

She about a year and a half, I think got it around May last year her tail is up, and her poop is white not solid, I’ve been giving her water, and she won’t except food given to her, I’ll try giving her sugar water and wetting her chicken feed hope that help.
She also lay egg and we have have been giving her cracked corn with five other seed and layer pellet

If she was starting a molt, she may stop laying for awhile. I would try to get her eating mostly the layer feed, and you can put a little water in some daily made fresh. It has more protein, is more balanced than corn or seeds and grains.

Back
Top Bottom