my quail havent hatched yet

FAZE_beyblade

Hatching
May 13, 2023
its day 18 and my quail eggs haven't yet. i have been opening the incubator up to turn my bob white quail eggs. Also during the duration of the incubation process the humidity was around 70. would any of this affect the quails hatching?

Do you have independent thermometers and hygrometer that are calibrated? If your relying on the instruments sensors, then the temperature is probably off as well as the %Rh. Most incubators, especially the 'cheap ones' are notoriously inaccurate and unreliable.

70% Rh is way too high for normal incubation of any egg. Quail eggs do better in the 30 to 45%Rh range during incubation. 70% is even too high for 'lockdown', you will get better hatches around 55 to 60% Rh.

I agree with Mr 007 .. Quail require a lower humidity than some other birds . My duck eggs hatch well with high humidity but the quail are different . Too much humidity will actually produce a later hatch .. maybe why they haven't pipped yet ? Same as a slightly lower temperature during incubation will produce a later hatch also . Hopefully they have pipped by now .. happy hatching !

Back
Top Bottom