My Renovated Prefab Coop

Pics
Great job! This looks great. Make sure you secure the flooring well. I have a problem with seepage when it rains. Also, I’m considering removing one of the panels to allow greater airflow now that it’s summer. Think about that if your summers in Tennessee get really hot. I’ve learned so much since then but it was fun learning. How many chicks?
We have currently four hens and one roo. We have nine chicks. All of these are bantams.

Ihave 2 pre fab of those coops before they had a bottom floor. I have q metal cage that just needs a door. I have 5 coops in total all they are all needing to be fixed if possible. I was gonna use the upstairs window on wood coop. What preator animal barrier do I need? More hardwire. I do have a second metal run.

I've had a busy two days and I'm so proud of myself. A while ago, @rosemarythyme suggested I turn my prefab coop and run into a coop. I thought it was a great idea... I just never got around to it. I had some bad luck with LT and had to cull my whole flock. I recently decided to start over... with chicks this time. My chicken yard had been released from quarantine since I've done everything the local extension program required I do. I ordered 15 new chicks that should be delivered in a few days. I used my day off for MLK Day to follow RoseMaryThyme's suggestion. I gutted the coop portion and added a floor, and closed in the run. So now, I have a decent, albeit small, coop. I added a coat of paint, and even moved my backyard camera to the coop. My mama heating pad is in place. Now, I'm just ready for my chicks. I'm super stoked and can't wait to add my new chicks! Here are my the pictures that outline my progress.

View attachment 2496039

Added the floor

View attachment 2496045

Removed all the innards except to nesting boxes.

View attachment 2496046

Added panels to close in the run.

View attachment 2496047

View attachment 2496049

Added a coat of paint! And voila!!! My renovated coop.

View attachment 2496050

Next, add imagery on the panels and chicks!

Back
Top Bottom