NEW BYC Program & Partnership - Sell Your Extra Eggs! April Fools 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
im interested if anyone has this area of florida. my babies arent big enough to lay yet. I dont normally name my chickens but i could definitely do so for this. i unfortunately cant really free range mine as we have a small yard and dogs on all sides from the neighbors and including mine but they will have a large coop and run.

Quote:
You know, when you raise them as chicks, many chickens come to know their name. I've found that those who aren't named until later (Like those three girls in my marans pen) seem dejected, on the other hand, when I go to the backyard with treats, yelling the names of my chickens, they just come RUNNING! And they just seem so happy and content making them better layers even in 110 heat.

Quote:
Hey, as long as you cover the square footage requirement, I imagine you'll be accepted.

Quote:
It's all marketing

Named chickens ARE happy chickens.

You are just jealous we aren't doing this in Canada yet.

Quote:
The two dozen every two week requirement can be a sticking point for some of us. You almost have to have an 8 X 10 coop to qualify.

Last edited:
Quote:
It's all marketing

Named chickens ARE happy chickens.

You are just jealous we aren't doing this in Canada yet.

We always get the short end of the stick up here.

Quote:
No, it's two dozen every two weeks.

It's still 3:09AM here... I need more sleep... you are so right. I stand corrected. Guess you'd only need a 6 X 6 coop for that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom