NEW BYC Program & Partnership - Sell Your Extra Eggs! April Fools 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Duck eggs are in the works for bakeries.

They make such fluffy cakes...

We just need to sell them better and we'll be adding them to the lineup.

Keep those duckies laying, they could mean BIG MONEY!!

ETA: Oh, and you'll need to be certain that they have water to swim in along with names for each....

Ducks out of water just won't sell eggs.

And we hope to have our own line up of Turkey Eggs during the month of November! $5.15 a dozen!!!

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

OMG....YES....we are interested!!!

We currently take our eggs to the local farmer's market and easily get $4.00 per dozen but would be willing to take less to not have to go there every other Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m.!!

We have 17 hens and are currently getting about a dozen eggs per day. Production is increasing as the days grow longer and it's warming up. We should have a minimum of 14 dozen every 2 weeks. All are girls are named and free range on 1/2 acre plus the adjoining woods every day, returning to their 15 X 8 coop every evening.

I have a few neighbors with chickens. If I collect their eggs, can I sell them too?
Or do the hens have to be on my property?

This is fun!

Quote:
3. You’ll get $2.97 per dozen eggs that come from your backyard chickens!
(BYC will also receive $0.08 for every dozen eggs purchased)

This is amazing! I have 7 hens laying currently and get about 2 to 3 dozen eggs a week . I also will have 6 more laying inn the fall.

Count me in as more than interested, as well!

I currently have 11 hens who have just started their increase in laying again. We had a dormant spell for about 3 weeks over the winter.

I am not sure their breeds. I got them last year from a straight run pen at TSC. I think the red ones are red sex link and the whitish ones are golden comets. I have no idea about the black ones.

I have 11 hens who are a year old this spring. I believe they are all laying most every day now. So I am getting close to 50 eggs per week. I keep mine confined until noon so I know where the eggs are. Most days (unless the weather was horrible this winter) they were released to free range. I am sure, unless there are heavy thunderstorms, this will be the case every day this spring and summer as it gets warmer.

Their coop is 10x12. It is an old garden shed. They have a 10x21 run on one side and a 10x6 run on the other when they are confined.

What is the max we can have? I was going to add some Ameracana's to the flock for some pretty variety in the color. Maybe if I made another pen?

I also have turkey eggs in the bator. I don't know how soon they start laying, but I would be interested in the November Turkey egg collection too if I have anything by then.

Last edited:
This is wonderful!!! I am so interested! My Barred Rock hens are laying machines...I just keep washing and putting them in the back refridgerator.

So, we currently have 22 hens in large fowl and we are getting approximately 8 dozen eggs per week.

Quote:
Duck eggs are in the works for bakeries.

They make such fluffy cakes...

We just need to sell them better and we'll be adding them to the lineup.

Keep those duckies laying, they could mean BIG MONEY!!

ETA: Oh, and you'll need to be certain that they have water to swim in along with names for each....

Ducks out of water just won't sell eggs.

And we hope to have our own line up of Turkey Eggs during the month of November! $5.15 a dozen!!!

Yes my ducks have water to swim in and Yes they are named. Your mother gave you a name didnt she.

What a fabulous idea!! Looking forward to hearing more details! Fun, fun, fun! Thanks, Nifty- and to all the others involved in planning! Love, love, love BYC!!
yippiechickie.gif

so apparently we are not allowed to use
pop.gif
to keep track of threads so I thought I would post and express how interested in this thread I am...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom