NEW BYC Program & Partnership - Sell Your Extra Eggs! April Fools 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I didn't read through this. So this is a joke?
hide.gif

Quote:
Ranchhand:

I'm sure Nifty's technological prowess is no match for a poor little thing like Jess K!

OKay Jess.. WHO else are you on BYC? Fess up...
tongue.png
pop.gif

Ok, I'm Pat at Long Last Farm
been a member for about a year now
I have really learned alot about chickens at BYC!

I appreciate all the help and support I always get when I go to the forums with questions!
smile.png

People, Rob went through a lot of work for this joke! ACT LIKE IT'S FUNNY, at least! Geez. Laugh a little, already.

Quote:
Must be...

Requirements to participate:
1. Your chickens must be TRUE backyard chickens.
2. Each hen must have at least 2 sq/ft inside and 4 sq/ft of outside space and be cared for properly (the Zone Leader will occasionally inspect the coop and conditions).
3. Each hen must have a name. This is one of the key selling points for the claim of “happy backyard chickens”.

We have members from Alaska, Hawaii, and other countries...imagine flying to Africa every time just to pick up a dozen eggs!​

I thought it was funny, and was fooled for a few minutes until I remembered what day it is. I thought it was a neat idea, but wasn't excited about it for any financial reasons (and not just because I'm in Canada). The requirements said a maximum of 10 dozen eggs every two weeks, at $3/dozen. That's a max of $60/month. Enough to subsidize food costs, but certainly not enough to go running out to buy incubators or get really excited over.
idunno.gif

I got had by this joke but I am happy to say it was the only one that fooled me and not for money I read a post about duck eggs being used for bakeries I was hoping this would be a way to get my DH to let me get ducks that is the only thing that disappointed me.
hit.gif
Good joke. I am usually careful on April 1st but I was still working on my first cup of coffee and that is my story and I am sticking to it.
gig.gif

I still hate April 1st next year I am going to stay in bed.
hide.gif

Quote:
Yeah, she's pipped all right. As you can see, she is next in line to hatch. I always insist that my chicks hatch out in order.....

And she better be a pullet....I am going to need all the eggs I can get to keep up with this new egg selling program....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/43218_mahonri_is_pipped.jpg

This is too funny, Mahonri is zipping, and now the next one in line has pipped ( JessK ? ). They really ARE hatching in order! ( Although the Crele Polish in back has pipped too.)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/43218_jessk_pipped.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/43218_jessk_2.jpg

Speaking on behalf of the now retired Jess K, it is an honor to have a chick named after her!
smile.png

Go little Ameraucanas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom