Did you ever get any answer? I hatched some eggs that we bought that were not specific as to breeds and some look just like yours?
The biggest thing when they were tiny ducklings that made me think the two stripe-headed ones weren't Appleyards is that their beaks were dark from the beginning. Not one of the pics of Appleyard babies online had all-dark beaks, but always somewhat pink which is what I see in your pics.

It's not clear what the dark one is, I'm really hoping it's what Hoover Hatchery calls a Dark Campbell female. Not sure about the sexes yet as they are not changing from the rough peep of adolescence yet.

Very cute ducks!

I think you're right about Golden 300 & Dark Campbell. I raised ducklings of both breeds last year and yours look very similar.
That's good to know :) now is there any reason my suspected Dark Campbell is getting a lighter bill now? I'm still waiting on voices but even today I noted that its beak is looking more of an olive color than black. It seems to be progressively lightening. I'm really hoping it's a she and not a he because it's so beautiful!

So, even though I wasn't planning on bringing home any babies the other day.... I just had to look at the chick tanks at Rural King on the way to another aisle. It got me really excited to see what I thought were Silver Appleyard ducklings in the tank.

It seems like Hoover Hatchery likes to send SR ducks only, unfortunately. Regardless, I bought 2 "appleyards"and a very interesting, very dark brown baby with white wingtips.

Later, when looking closely at the two "appleyards" I realized that they have some distinctive differences which make me think they're not the same breed. And here I thought the little mohawk mark was specific only to the Appleyard... One has a lighter brown stripe on its head and all the right colors for an Appleyard from my estimation.

However, it turns out the Golden 300 comes in several variations and one male version looks exactly like this other little guy, with black on the bill and black coloration on his stripe/tail. The Appleyards seem to only have pale grey/pinkish beaks now that I look closely at the pictures. In my rush to grab up the ducklings I didn't research the coloration well enough. So I went from two possible female Appleyards to maybe only one. With my luck I've got a male. That's what I get for going SR! So, any ideas?

Any thoughts on the brown one? She's always been bigger than the others and continues to be the biggest one. I think she could be a Muscovy or a Golden 300 female based on the feet and color in the stock hatchery photo below. In picture DSC06177 you can really see how dark the guy on the left is compared to the other. His feet are dual colored also, just like the stock photo. The last pic is random from the internet of a SA and shows the lighter beak. Seems that all the pics I find of SAs show lighter beaks and light feet compared to the darker one.

Is it negligible? Are they both Golden 300s?When in the tub at RK I could really tell the difference between the two colorations and stupidly thought I should try one of both. Again, I just assumed all the mohawk markings were SAs...
These are what my golden 300s look like but I’m unsure of their genders

Attachments

• 07F42E28-66AF-4D60-8790-92A0012844AF.jpeg
    07F42E28-66AF-4D60-8790-92A0012844AF.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 4FB5D52E-F6D9-467B-BF2D-903EA6F1DCBA.jpeg
    4FB5D52E-F6D9-467B-BF2D-903EA6F1DCBA.jpeg
    586.9 KB · Views: 7
  • C00E6810-313E-4B05-B6BA-A36DCE38E666.jpeg
    C00E6810-313E-4B05-B6BA-A36DCE38E666.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 00B35419-61C0-416A-99EA-960B6C984103.jpeg