New pork recipe . . .

KatyTheChickenLady

Bird of A Different Feather
11 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Boise, Idaho
tried a new one the other night & thought it was decent enough to share
smile.png

We don't eat a lot of pork, well my husband eats it every morning, but I only have a few tried and true dinner favorites. I have it scheduled on leftover night so I only cook it on the weeks we don't have leftovers. So anyway I got it into my head that i wanted to make pork chops, (which is crazy because I don't even like pork chops) and I got to looking around on the web, found this "German" recipe and tweaked it a bit, the family LOVED it. Nothing gourmet or fancy, just one of those quick easy dinners that really filled their tummys. I served it with pickled beets & pumpernickle bread much to my husbands delight.

6 pork loin chops
course ground mustard (I used walmart best buy brand)
flour (I used gravy flour)
olive oil (or whatever oil you've got)
large can of Cambels Chicken & Rice Soup - UNDILUTED

In the morning poke the chops all over with a fork and smear really good with the mustard, let chill in frig all day.
in the evening heat oven to 400
coat the mustard chops with flour & brown both sides in oil in a fry pan (about a minute or two per side)
spray Pam in a baking dish and lay the browned chops in a single layer
pour the UNDILUTED soup over the chops - piling the rice on top of each one
Cover baking dish with foil and cook apx 30 min - depending on the thickness of the chops
When they are done remove the chops to a servng platter and mix a tablespoon or two of mustard in the drippings, this makes a great gravy for whatever vegis you're serving.

this was a just a hair too salty for me, but the chops were SUPER tender & moist, mykids and husband thought the salt was just fine, I'll probably look for a low sodium version of the soup the next time, I don't buy canned soup very often so not sure if that even exists.

That's a great idea, I bet you could use just about any flavor of soup. I was thinking Chicken Gumbo Soup would be good with all the okra.

Here is one my mom used to make when we were growing up...this is comfort food.

In a large skillet or Dutch oven, get pan really hot and fry pork chops quickly in a little oil, just enough to put some color on the pork chops.

Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 soup can of heavy cream to the pork chops.

Add a medium head of cabbage that has been cut up into small wedges and a large onion, chopped. Cook, adding chicken broth as needed, till cabbage is done and the gravy is the right thickness. Taste gravy and adjust seasonings.

Serve over cooked rice.

Back
Top Bottom