Nutri drench- how much??

I have a similar problem figuring out these directions…. We are using a typical 1qt waterer for our chicks. I just purchased them from a local breeder and noticed one chick sneezing (silkies) :-/ I figured I should give this a try… chick is eating and drinking fine but it may be to early to tell as this is all new to me...

How many drops can one 1-2 week old chick get? And how many milliliters per quart? Thank you in advance!

I have a similar problem figuring out these directions…. We are using a typical 1qt waterer for our chicks. I just purchased them from a local breeder and noticed one chick sneezing (silkies) :-/ I figured I should give this a try… chick is eating and drinking fine but it may be to early to tell as this is all new to me...

How many drops can one 1-2 week old chick get? And how many milliliters per quart? Thank you in advance!
I highly recommend not giving anything directly to the beak. If you do not know what you're doing it is easy to accidentally force liquid down the wrong hole in the mouth and you can cause death.

Nutri Drench will not help sneezing.

The person you bought birds from... Do they have a website?

I just purchased them from a local breeder and noticed one chick sneezing we are on day 4 they are silkies and I never owned baby chicks before… we always had adults and mother hens did all the mothering ;). all of the 3 chicks are eating and drinking fine, warm zone temperature in brooder is good as well. It may be to early to tell, idk. I did notice that they all had pasty butt when I got home… but they are all clean and clear.

I will be in contact will breeder tomorrow just to give her a heads up. ;)

I hand fed other baby birds like lovebirds… but never had a sneezer.

I also refreshed bedding. We will see tomorrow. 🙏

Thank you

How many birds are you trying to give it too?
I'm asking because if you're not going to use a gallon of water in 24 hours or less then it's better to make a smaller amount.
I have 3 chicks but only one needs it. She is 2 weeks old. And i wont use a whole gallon in a day. And will it harm the other chicks to drink it if they are fine.

And how many milliliters per quart? Thank you in advance!

There are 4 quarts in 1 gallon, so if dosing for a 1 quart waterer, and the gallon dosing is 4 oz, you would do 1 oz per quart. 1 oz is 30 mL (you can use a liquid medicine cup to measure that amount - alternatively 1 tsp = 5 mL so 1oz (30mL) is 6 tsp.) You can also titrate down from there for an even smaller amount of water (e.g. 1/2 quart would be 15mL or 3 tsp). Hopefully that's helpful...🥴

Back
Top Bottom