Octagonal Run and Coop

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I would be complimented if others thought well enough of my design to duplicate it. Estimate about $750 for materials. Thanks for the heads up on locking the girls up at night. I think I'll do that from now on. I'd love to not have to climb up there and replace all that screen with hardware cloth. It wasn't fun the 1st time. I don't think it's going to be any more fun the 2nd time around. You should have heard the language during the roof installation. The paint was melting on the side of the house.
smile.png
You know instead of hardware cloth or screening, you could cover the roof of the run so that it keeps rain from going into the run. Tin siding or something like that would work well and help to keep your girls nice and dry. Plus there's very few critters who have the raw power to tear into tin siding.

Yeah, that's an idea but we wanted them to get the sunlight, even though the coop/run has a pint tree canopy. I'll consider your idea. Thank you.

Thank you. I'm pleased that you like it. It wasn't all that difficult to construct, just time consuming. Coastal Farm and Ranch have just a coop (insulated) that is smaller than the one I built and they want $999 for it. I built a larger (insulated coop) and the octagonal run and all the materials cost about $750. The mark-up on coops is outrageous. It's a no brainer to build your own since it's very simple construction.

Back
Top Bottom