ohhh my goodness

chooky2005

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
im so sick of this crappy summer heat...ive already started to think how im going to insulate my coop this winter(i got a new much larger shed over the summer break)

im going to put a tarp on the outside roof and then im going to use the silver duck tape and line the inside of the the ceiling with foil then i will lower the ceiling a few inches useing the clear plastic painters use to protect carpet...and them i will wrap the top half of the outside of the henhouse with that clear plastic and that should keep them fairly snug at night...wth the door closed of corse...lol and ill sneak them a bit of scracth every night before beddy byes ...lol

just thought id share

SO OVER SUMMER

Chooky, something that I did that's very effective but will only work if they can't reach the ceiling. My husband bought a bunch of those 1 inch styrofoam sheets, have no idea what their true use is in construction. He nailed those across the roof rafters, it knocked the temps down inside the coop by 10 degrees. This winter the only time I have frozen waterers is when the night time temps have hit single digits.

My crew is in a metal building so I did have to insulate the sides too but the roof thing was the most effective step in keeping the birds warmer and cooler.

Back
Top Bottom