Our first ever egg with pix and a mystery!

Yes definitely! They should die if they eight the fake eggs! Is there any way a ratcoon, possum, or any animals could get in? If they are lockd up.
I don’t think a raccoon can get in also the first egg disappeared while I was working in the run and we do have a trail cam set up

It took me several days to find my fake eggs when they were first tossed out the nest box. My chickens had kicked them over the 2 inch lip (which is now higher) and they ended up buried in the shavings about 4 feet away. I had checked that area several times, but either I just missed them or the chickens were playing hide and seek with them.

It took me several days to find my fake eggs when they were first tossed out the nest box. My chickens had kicked them over the 2 inch lip (which is now higher) and they ended up buried in the shavings about 4 feet away. I had checked that area several times, but either I just missed them or the chickens were playing hide and seek with them.
Crafty little buggers, I guess I will just have to look some more through the shavings

I’ve had raccoons steal my fake eggs but those were out in the woods where my guineas nest was....
I have ducks and chickens and they are great at hiding the duck eggs on the coop floor and burrying them!
Following to hear what you find out!

Found two more eggs this morning but they were smaller, they looked like chicken egg size to me but the chickens are only like 15 weeks old. Is that old enough to be laying or are some ducks starting laying smaller eggs? Also my son Found one of the missing porcelain eggs right on top of the wood shavings. Very strange we all checked that spot multiple times. I think they’re messing with us!

Found two more eggs this morning but they were smaller, they looked like chicken egg size to me but the chickens are only like 15 weeks old. Is that old enough to be laying or are some ducks starting laying smaller eggs? Also my son Found one of the missing porcelain eggs right on top of the wood shavings. Very strange we all checked that spot multiple times. I think they’re messing with us!

I bet it was mixed in with the shavings and they dug it up....if they have like a waxy coat they are duck eggs. You can kinda scrape it with your nail.

When my ducks first started laying I got huge double and a few triple yolkers they are a bit more normal now that they have been laying a few months.!

I bet it was mixed in with the shavings and they dug it up....if they have like a waxy coat they are duck eggs. You can kinda scrape it with your nail.
It was in the mud so it was filthy until I rinsed it off with cold water. Though there’s no sign of a waxy coat and it’s smaller I’m operating under the assumption that today’s two eggs were also duck eggs. I might need to get a coop camera of some sort

Back
Top Bottom