Please Help! Egg bound chicken won’t even move.

Traffie Chickens

Songster
Apr 20, 2024
My chicken I am pretty sure is egg bound. She is puffed up and won’t eat any treats I offer, won’t eat food either. She has been in the same spot for an hour strait just standing there, panting. Do I give her an epsom salt bath?

Instead, give her a human calcium citrate with vitamin d 300-600mg or a Tums orally, right into her beak to swallow. Bathing can sometimes place a weak hen over the edge. Place her on a warm towel in a quiet spot to try and lay her egg. Offer sips of water and some moistened food. How old is she, and does she normally lay eggs?

Instead, give her a human calcium citrate with vitamin d 300-600mg or a Tums orally, right into her beak to swallow. Bathing can sometimes place a weak hen over the edge. Place her on a warm towel in a quiet spot to try and lay her egg. Offer sips of water and some moistened food. How old is she, and does she normally lay eggs?
She is a little over a year old, and yes she lays massive eggs every day. She lays our biggest eggs.

Sadly We can’t go to the store right now. She looks very ill and her vent is super swollen. She won’t move at all. Not even when I push her. Please help.also she is trying to push

Back
Top Bottom