Please help! Lethargic duck with white stringy/mucous poop

Sure hope your seeing improvement this morning.
The black sandy poop is probably the activated charcoal.
He doesn't seem much different :[ I have noticed he seems to be growing very sensitive towards his vent area, flinches when I pet him and sometimes if his tail touches the ground he jumps and flinches. Tail still turned downward. He is even flinching to bath water touching his behind area.

But nothing is hanging out and nothing is dried to the outside of his vent? Might be a good idea to give him some warm bathes might help with the pain.
Hows his pop looking today?

But nothing is hanging out and nothing is dried to the outside of his vent? Might be a good idea to give him some warm bathes might help with the pain.
Hows his pop looking today?
His vent looks like the white mucousy poop or goo is around it and his poop looks like the white/clear strands and sometimes it looks like he's pooping dirt chunks. He must br feeling somewhat better because he's doing little head dunks in the bath and he wasn't before

It can take a while for the toxin to be flushed out of his body if that is what is going on.
That does sound encouraging that he is dunking his head. Is he eating and drinking okay?
Let him get a good soak that should help his vent feel better.

It can take a while for the toxin to be flushed out of his body if that is what is going on.
That does sound encouraging that he is dunking his head. Is he eating and drinking okay?
Let him get a good soak that should help his vent feel better.
Ill keep monitoring! Should i try any more of thr flush or just leave as is?? He seemed excited for peas in the bath, I will be trying some of his feed after he gets out.

Did you use it according to the directions? if so I'd just watch him now and see how he is doing . Flushes can cause dehydration so we have to be careful with them.

@Piggy212 How are things this morning?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom