Please stop me if I'm about to make a big mistake

So it's cutting all but 1/16 along the bottom?
Blade depth should be set to a bit(1/8-1/4") beyond the depth of cut.

Manufacturer says max depth of cut is 1-3/4". The last marking on my depth adjustment is 1-1/2", and I've opened it up as far as it will go past that and it still won't go all the way through the board. I guess I'll save it for working with 1xs outside. That table saw IS coming, and it's this one, so it had better by golly be sufficient: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HXT2N6/. I'm reading about making crosscut sled now. Wish there were already built ones that allowed for adjustment by the purchaser.

I took your advice and cancelled my order. Better to pay $10 cancellation fee than go crazy not having things ready for chickens or cut my hand off in my haste to get stuff built. Especially since I'm planning to brood the babies in my workshop, and I think that would be asking for trouble.

That table saw IS coming, and it's this one, so it had better by golly be sufficient: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HXT2N6/. I'm reading about making crosscut sled now. Wish there were already built ones that allowed for adjustment by the purchaser.

For framing type of construction I use a chop saw or a circular saw. A table saw is good for ripping (cutting lengthwise) and DeWalt is a good brand. My wife says I'm a poster boy for DeWalt lol.

This article may shed some light on cutting sheet goods with a circular saw.

William Ng has the best straight forward video on making a cross cut sled. I find 95% of putube videos to be junk and self promoting.

JT

This article may shed some light on cutting sheet goods with a circular saw.

William Ng has the best straight forward video on making a cross cut sled. I find 95% of putube videos to be junk and self promoting.

JT

I saw Ng's video last night! I must have watched ten different videos on making a crosscut sled, and his was definitely one of the better ones. Thanks for the straight-cutting info, too.

Back
Top Bottom