Plexiglass pop door REALLY raccoon proof?

Still new here so bear with me, please. I've researched till blue on pop doors. I want to order one and I'm down to the pullet-shut, Ador1 and the Fleming Outdoors pop door. I want to have both electricity and a battery back up. Recommendations welcome!
I'd suggest starting new thread with this as the title:

'Which is best - Pullet-shut, Ador1 or the Fleming Outdoors - Opinions Please'

There's a button at the top and bottom of the posts on every page that says "Start a New Thread"

Not knowing your climate I somewhat disagree with the rails mounted on the outside of your coop. However I live in Canada where winter makes it presents know 6 months of the year. I take it you do not have that as an issue.

We don't have winters like yours but we too have our rails mounted on the inside. This way the pop door is braced from inside & nothing for tiny but strong coon hands to grasp & pull apart.

75 miles north of Houston, can be on the Island in about 2-2 1/2 hours. Still well within reach of hurricanes.
lol.png
Ike dropped a hundred year old oak tree on the house and tore it up. But I had my emergency kit, so all was well.

HURRICANE EMERGENCY KIT:
Double pan of brownies and cheap box of wine. Drank the wine, ate the brownies and I no longer cared that a humongous tree was laying on the house and rain was falling in my kitchen and dining room and garage.
lau.gif

Of course, that was mild compared to what Ike did to the Island, Boliver and surrounding area. A friend of ours had a beach house on Crystal Beach. Heavy on the HAD.
hmm.png

Hey your hurricane kit sounds like my Tornado Warning Kit! Moved to the Midwest from California via FL had my fill of Hurricanes TYVM and now live an hour from Joplin, MO been here in the area coming on 10 yrs now. So I too have a double pan of dark fudge brownies and cheap box of wine. Drank the wine, ate the brownies and I no longer cared that the house is gone, too busy looking for my broom
wee.gif
& Toto.

Still new here so bear with me, please. I've researched till blue on pop doors. I want to order one and I'm down to the pullet-shut, Ador1 and the Fleming Outdoors pop door. I want to have both electricity and a battery back up. Recommendations welcome!
I made my own door, so I don't have either of these. But I like the idea of the Ador1 having the holes in the door for the cog wheel to raise it up and down so when it is down it can not be lifted by those little coon hands.. I would do it as a recessed install with maybe an small awning above the control to keep of the Fl rains.

Hey your hurricane kit sounds like my Tornado Warning Kit! Moved to the Midwest from California via FL had my fill of Hurricanes TYVM and now live an hour from Joplin, MO been here in the area coming on 10 yrs now. So I too have a double pan of dark fudge brownies and cheap box of wine. Drank the wine, ate the brownies and I no longer cared that the house is gone, too busy looking for my broom
wee.gif
& Toto.

Haha, gotta keep that sense of humor!

Yeah, if I was doing it again, I'd put the rails on the inside. I was thinking of trying to avoid having all the machinery in the coop for the girls to mangle and play with...

Well it didn't work out on the inside so I had to install it on the outside. It was less work (wood) closing in the opening we already had from the outside so that's what I did and it's okay.

Back
Top Bottom