Pool and algae

Redbirdacres

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
So we really don't have much shade on our land. We're remedying that and have planted a few trees and bushes but that will take years to develop shade obviously. The pool gets very dirty very quickly (I know, not much to do about that) but I've purchased a net for large debris and with prime day a pool vacuum! (Plus a new bigger pool for them hehe. #spoiled) Someone suggest I add a splash of vinegar to their pool water to help the algae that develops over a couple days. Will this be OK? I'm assuming diluted as much as it would be, it would be OK. We're in an extreme drought in our area.so just trying to make water last as long as possible (plus more water in the larger pool I just purchased 🤣). Thanks!

I can't answer you're original question, but have you considered building a shelter or awning over your pool? Keeping the sun off can keep it cooler, and the ducks will like the shade.

If you're worried about wind, shade cloth might be a good answer - it's finely woven plastic that allows water and wind to pass through, reducing the force pulling against the supports when there's wind.

I can't answer you're original question, but have you considered building a shelter or awning over your pool? Keeping the sun off can keep it cooler, and the ducks will like the shade.

If you're worried about wind, shade cloth might be a good answer - it's finely woven plastic that allows water and wind to pass through, reducing the force pulling against the supports when there's wind.
The wind around our land can be quite brutal so I wouldn't trust much to hold up honestly. It's windier here than any other place I've lived.

The wind around our land can be quite brutal so I wouldn't trust much to hold up honestly. It's windier here than any other place I've lived.
Ah, that would tricky.

The other option is fast growing grass/shrubs around the edge of the pool. They will grow quicker than most trees, and provide shade that increases as they grow. If the environment is not to extreme, large planters can be used for these also. Planters are good if you don't want them there permanently, or to increase the height of the plants starting out.

Good luck!

I use white vinegar to clean my pools then to make the water last a few days I use vinegar to keep it from turning green. Usually, it turns brown from all the stuff they drag in. I use 1/2 cup in my large kiddy pool have been doing it for years no injuries from it.

I use white vinegar to clean my pools then to make the water last a few days I use vinegar to keep it from turning green. Usually, it turns brown from all the stuff they drag in. I use 1/2 cup in my large kiddy pool have been doing it for years no injuries from it.
That's great to know. Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom