Possible Eye Problem At a Hatchery.s Farm?

Robert Kazlauski

Chirping
Nov 9, 2023
Does anyone know any details about a hatchery that may possibly have a current problem with an eye problem in started pullets? I was scheduled to receive a pullet but shipping of that specific breed was halted until state vet tests were available. The birds are at a distant farm, not at the hatchery. No day old or other chickens are affected. They will tell us what is going on once they are told. Maybe this week. Anyone know details? It does not sound like the hatchery had anything to do with it. They suggested a possible environmental problem, but they really dont know for sure until results are back.

Where did you order from? I haven't heard anything.
Many started birds are grown elsewhere, they may see something concerning and are testing to make sure.

Where did you order from? I haven't heard anything.
Many started birds are grown elsewhere, they may see something concerning and are testing to make sure.
Yes. They s were aid it was probably environmental but out of an abundance of caution they were suspending shipping until state vets determined the prroblem. They emphasized that no other chickens affected. AnD the hatchery with the day old chickens was not involved or come into contact with the other hens. I believe them. I trust them.

Back
Top Bottom