Predator attack and wounded chickens

silverstar29936

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 17, 2013
Yesterday, we found out or chicken coop had been hit by what we beleave to be a fox. It had pulled up the wireing the corner of the dog pen we keep or chickens in. One of our three hens were missing leaving only feathers, a wing, and leg that we could fing. we have fixed the hole and put a lot more wires to keep the critters out. Both our other chickens are hurt. One has a pincle size hole on her neck, and the other apears to have a bite mark on her chest aria. tthe second chicken seems to be worse off than the other, shes not eating and barly drinking. Today she wouldn't get off the roost till i made her and had a hard time getting on the low pearch tonite.
My first question is was it actualy a fox, Id like to know how to catch it.
Second can anyone tell me how likely tey are too servive?

With some TLC and supportive care chickens can be very resilient and bounce back. All you can do is try. Perhaps post in the emergency forum if you have questions about supportive care for their wounds. I would defiently try to nurse them back. As for catching the fox perhaps someone else has a idea fir that. Its likely he will be back. You can try a cat trap with some store meat inside and he might just go for it if its a easy meal. Then once he enters the cat trap will close on him and you will have yourself the fox. Its sure worth a try because its likely he WILL be back. Im pretty sure I've seen cat traps at tractor supply. I know in my town they carry them. Hope this helps and I wish you luck. So sorry about your losses.

Back
Top Bottom