Proper Quail Coop Designs?

I know coturnix quail and button quail are migratory in the wild and you really wouldn't think they can fly for long distances either - I've only seen a button fly about 30 feet and most people say they can't even do that ^^ But they are more domesticated than bobwhites (at least the cots are), so they are probably better at dealing with the confinements of captivity..

It's good that your breeding flock weren't aggressive, though I wonder what you did different from all the people that had their birds kill each other..

I know coturnix quail and button quail are migratory in the wild and you really wouldn't think they can fly for long distances either - I've only seen a button fly about 30 feet and most people say they can't even do that ^^ But they are more domesticated than bobwhites (at least the cots are), so they are probably better at dealing with the confinements of captivity..

It's good that your breeding flock weren't aggressive, though I wonder what you did different from all the people that had their birds kill each other..
Well I honestly don't remember my birds ever going broody either, so maybe they all only had their hearts half in it...?

The fellow I got my Bobwhite eggs from had 40 birds in an 8x12 ground pen. He has never had any issues with aggressive birds.

Back
Top Bottom