Pullet-Shut Door Owners Question

BessieMae

Songster
8 Years
Mar 12, 2014
Texas
For those of you who own the Pullet-Shut door, what power source did you go with? I have electricity in my coop, so I was going to just go with the plug-in adapter. The owner told me that with any power surge, my settings would erase and the door would override to the photo sensor if I went with the plug-in adapter. Anyway, we have 12 volt batteries that I can use with either the solar panel or the electric trickle charger. My question is, which should I go with? Besides one using solar power and the other using electricity; is there a benefit to one over the other?

For those of you who own the Pullet-Shut door, what power source did you go with? I have electricity in my coop, so I was going to just go with the plug-in adapter. The owner told me that with any power surge, my settings would erase and the door would override to the photo sensor if I went with the plug-in adapter. Anyway, we have 12 volt batteries that I can use with either the solar panel or the electric trickle charger. My question is, which should I go with? Besides one using solar power and the other using electricity; is there a benefit to one over the other?
I have the solar one because I do not have power to the coop. If I did have power I would use a 12v battery hooked up to a battery tender for the simple reason if the power goes out you have a battery backup.

I have electricity to my coops and use the battery with the trickle charger for both of them. During power outages, my door still opens and closes at its programmed times.

It is a great door. I am sure you will be happy with it. I have had my first door since October of 2015, and I have never had any issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom